NCHU Tryout Guidelines 2018 (U9 - U12)
Updated Tuesday May 15, 2018 by NCHU Webmaster.
NCHU Tryout Guidelines 2018 (U9 - U12)
- NCHU Pool tryouts will be held in June and will be managed by the Age Group Administrators (AGA) and the independent evaluator’s from our approved training organizations.
- The AGA’s are:
- Tryout date/times will be posted on the NCHU website and emailed out to the membership sometime in May.
- Tryouts will be conducted over 2 days for each age group.
- NCHU encourages players to play for the appropriate team within their age group as defined by the United States Soccer Federation. Currently this is defined as the year in which the player is born. Any player that wishes to tryout and play up can only tryout for the club’s determined “A” team. If the player does not rank high enough to be placed on the “A” team, the player must return to their appropriate age group.
- All tryouts are “blind” and each player will receive a unique number for the tryout. All players will be checked in prior to the first day of the tryouts for their age group and assigned a random tryout number. Players are responsible to remember their number.
- At the conclusion of the 2nd day of tryouts, the independent evaluator’s will provide the scores of the players in a ranking format (1 through the total number of players) which will be sent to the AGA. These scores will be turned over within 24 hours of the end of the tryouts.
- Coaches will provide their own team ranking to the AGA prior to the tryouts. Every coach will use the same Player Ranking Sheet posted on the NCHU website. The deadline for submission will be determined by the AGA. When a drastic discrepancy is noted between the independent evaluator’s rankings and the coach’s rankings, the AGA will refer to the coach’s rankings sheet. For argumentative purposes the final decision making will be given a 51% coaches ranking, 49% independent evaluator consideration. No player will be moved up or down more than two levels without discussion among the AGA and head coaches involved. The AGA will oversee all players’ placement and adhere to the regulations stated within.
- The AGA will host a meeting with the current head coaches within their respective age groups to review the scores and teams are formed. Coaches will begin making their phone calls in sequence order (team A, B, C,). Coaches will advise parents that they will have 24 hours from the time of the phone call to accept the spot and to register or the player's spot will be abandoned and the Coach will advise the AGA. The next player from the top of the team below will be sent up to play on the higher ranked team. A player may not decline a spot on a team for a spot on a lower team.
- Any grievance regarding team placement will be directed to and evaluated by the AGA. In the case of hardships, or extenuating circumstances, families my appeal to the AGA to request a change of team placement. The AGA will request the assistance of the Board when needed and necessary in the decision making process to evaluate if a player should be moved from one to team to another.
- Goalie Rule - - there will be no goalie “tryouts” for the U9 age group. For the U10 through U12 age groups, on the second day of the tryout the independent evaluators will ask all participating players who would like to try out for the goalie position. Those who participate will receive a separate “goalie ranking”. Based on the player’s separate goalie ranking, a coach may request a player be pulled up to his/her team as long as that player is aware and committed to play 50% or more of each game as a goalie.
- Twins - in the situation where there are twins or multiples trying out, if the rankings separate the children into different teams and it is a drastic difference in ranking (more than 5 spots), than the parents will be notified and given the option of 1). The children play on each team they we assigned to or 2). The player ranked higher will come down to the lower ranked team to be with their sibling.
- Anyone interested in becoming a coach, must submit an application PRIOR TO JUNE 8th. IF WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH PARENT COACHES, TEAMS WILL NOT BE FORMED UNLESS THE TRAINER ASSIGNED WISHES TO TAKE ON THAT RESPONSIBILITY AT AN ADDITIONAL EXPENSE ADDED TO THE FEES CHARGED TO THE TEAM DIVIDED EQUALLY AMONGST ALL TEAM MEMBERS.
- FINALIZED team names, rosters, and coaches information will be submitted to the NCHU Registrar WITHIN 7 DAYS AFTER THE CONCLUSION OF THE POOL TRYOUTS FOR THE AGE GROUP.